Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rain Check

New York is inarguably one of the most fashionable cities in the world, so why do we all dress so offensively awful when it rains? I mean really, its only water. It’s not going to hurt us. But apparently, it has killed our fashion sense.

So here’s a heads up. It’s going to rain for the rest of the week, but Uggs, Juicy sweats and even North Face parkas are utterly unacceptable in my book.

Fashion can be functional. Here are my suggestions for the rainy days ahead:

Invest in a decent umbrella. The $4 stand-by from the corner deli won’t make it three blocks. Pare*umbrella, a Seattle-based company dedicated to elevating the umbrella to “it” accessory status, offers a varied selection from classic black to the “citi leaf” pattern seen here.

Wellies. Rubber rainboots are a label-lovers dream come true; designer logo overload with a price tag under $200. Burberry, Pucci, Coach, you all know exactly what I’m talking about. But please don’t fall prey to this fad. Stick to the real deal. You can’t go wrong with a classic Wellington boot.


Trench coat. The trench coat is probably the most effortlessly chic, timeless design in the history of fashion. Rainy days are their time to shine. So why are they so under utilized? This Luella version is my favorite choice for fall. I’m not quite sure if the patent leather is actually rain-repellent, but our pare*umbrella will keep us dry.

Final Word: When its rain, its pours. So good luck. See you out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you right about wellies When I rains like mad I and my boyfriend wear wear black pairs of wellies