Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Like Your Curves

AT&T has The Bold, Verizon's got The Storm, but us kids over at T-Mobile have been waiting quite sometime for a new Blackberry model. Should we have to suffer just because we wanted cheap calling plans and seamless international communication? I think not. Well, we finally have something to look forward to.

T-Mobile recently launched the Blackberry Curve 8900. It doesn’t have a touch-screen, but I don’t think I have the hand-eye coordination to maneuver that anyway, so I’m not too concerned.

What it does have is a 3.2 mega-pixel camera, Wi-Fi connectivity and turn-by-turn GPS, which oddly enough, happens to come in handy anytime we leave this grid we so fondly call home.

It also features a sizable 256-megabyte memory card, so you can point, click and send away from anywhere in the world (it’s supported by 4 international radio bands which will pretty much cover you anywhere).

Not that I’m planning to whip out my passport anytime soon, but maybe I’ll have a new pin. So, you know, that’s cool too.

In other Blackberry news, UrbanDaddy is reporting that your Blackberry can now serve as a “remote cable box.” Hmm. Isn’t it ironic that the exact device intended to keep us connected continues to further enable our seclusion?

And that, my friends, is my philosophy for the day.

Final Word: New phone and increased social-anxiety? Yes, please! I so need GPS.

No comments: