Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I was watching Oprah yesterday (as is my nightly ritual) and it was one of those maniacal episodes where she gives away free loot in exchange for blood-curdling screams from the audience. The theme for this giveaway was the perfect summer beach bag and everything that goes in it.
It got me thinking, over Memorial Day weekend, beach bag-less, I lugged my YSL white patent Downtown tote to the beach only to come back with my prized accessory loaded with bits of seaweed and sand that resulted in an extra crunchy Orbit this morning- delicious. Towel-less, my friends and I hit up the Rite Aid for some super-trendy neon throws but were feeling a bit "out" amidst a sea of Missoni zig zags.
It dawned on me, I need the perfect beach bag! But what would I put in it?
Final Word: Here's my shoreside it-list- sorry, we're not giving anything away:
1. Foolproof Terry: Chanel Towel, chanel.com
2. Beach bum's Secret Weapon: Banana Boat Tanning Spray, SPF 4, CVS
3. Ever-in Shades: Ray-Ban Aviators, saks.com
4. Salvation Salve: Dr. Hauschka's Sunscreen Stick: drhauschka.com
5. Summer Reading: Eat, Pray, Love; amazon.com
6. The Bag: Vanessa Bruno, Ludivine NYC