Saturday, April 04, 2009

Save Who?


I recently stumbled across what I thought to be a mysterious "Save Anna" sticker (as in Vogue editrix, Anna Wintour) on a random trashcan in the meatpacking district.  Being The Blackberrie's in-house web archaeologist, this curiosity provoked me to dig a little deeper. 

Upon further research, I discovered the image was part of a larger campaign by controversial artist, Christopher Sauve.  While I've since learned that the Anna image dates back to the December, we conveniently have a new fashion femme in the throes of danger to discuss.

Who could it be you ask?

I was caught off guard when I saw that the newest face is none other than one of our favorite love-to-hate, hate-to-love reality TV star, Whitney Port. Supposedly the image was Suave's reaction to Whitney's latest plea: "I break down a couple of times a week, at least.  It gets overwhelming. Sometimes I think that I can't take this anymore.  I just want to live a normal life."

Oh, Whitney. Was that before or after you decided to do the Cosmo cover? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally into the whole Andy Warhol inspired designs - I mean, "I died" over the Rachel Zoe Bananas t-shirts. 

Final Word:  Anna and Rachel is one thing, but Whitney?! If she needs saving, then all of pop-culture does!

No comments: