Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Blues


Follow my blog with bloglovin´


Baby it’s cold outside and besides hot chocolate and cashmere sweaters, there’s one thing to look forward -- resort collections! Yes the happy in-between season that is meant to shed some sunlight on the dreary winter. Not that anyone actually buys much of resort (well, except for me), but we all like to preview what is to come in the warmer months. And for some designers (Read: Balenciaga and Alexander Wang), it’s the best part of the year.

But my favorite must be the Acne/Lanvin collaboration debuting in stores this Thursday. I was a little late on the take with the Swedish denim label but earlier this fall after trying a pair, I was officially obsessed. The genius jeans transformed my body (and bum) into a streamlined look worthy of a supermodel’s – well, almost.

My subconscious must have been working overtime because after purchasing my beloved blues I realized that this ingenious jean brand had just collaborated with couture master Alber Elbaz of Lanvin for an all denim capsule collection of 28 looks for resort. The line includes the perfect trench, tailored blazers and several frocks in the spirit of Elbaz’s masterful tailoring.

Final Word: We hear there is already a waiting list for the covetable collection, so if you can’t score a piece by Elbaz, the regular collection is just as good. Visit shop.acnestudios.com.

3 comments:

Rafe Totengco said...

When is Lanvin mens going to collaborate with Acne?
Not fair you girls get to have all the fun.
btw, will you sign up to 'follow my blog'? :-)

vicki archer said...

Lanvin is a dream favourite - can't wait to see this collaboration. xv

Anonymous said...

Geee, wasn't aware about this. Glad I stumbled upon your blog, thanks for sharing about the info and link of acnestudios shop! :)