Friday, June 02, 2006
Reasons I hate Rachel Zoe…
1. Because you know exactly who I’m talking about without having to Google her name. For those of you who are living under a rock, have never read a tabloid, and never watch Access Hollywood or Extra she’s the stylist to the starlets and counts Richie, Lohan, and Barton amongst her most loyal clientele. But you knew that, and that’s why I hate her.
2. Because she’s designing an accessories line for Judith Leiber. She can design? I thought she just knew how to pull together a signature look and then replicate on all her clients. But watch out, because sadly Judith Leiber will probably rise to It bag status in no time flat, just when we thought her bejeweled monkey clutches were only cool for our grandmothers, and that’s why I hate her.
3. Because her sudden rise to, gasp, fame has left her no choice but to go anorexic just like the little dolls she dresses. This one’s a toss up — I’m not sure if I hate her because she’s trying to become just like the very beings she’s created or the fact that I’ve even noticed her borderline danger zone weight loss at all. Eh, I don’t know… both are reasons I hate her.
4. Because she walked the red carpet during last week’s Cannes Film Festival in a borrowed Chanel gown and Chanel email blasted to all the press as a “best dressed at the awards wrap-up” along with more notable and respectable actresses like Penelope Cruz. Who does she think she is, and more importantly who the heck does everyone else think she is? Sooo one of the major reasons that I hate her.
5. Because, mark my words, this is only the beginning for Rachel Zoe. Today’s tabloid stylist in our pathetic anyone-can-be-a-celebrity-world will be tomorrow’s fashion icon. She is virtually a household name — Vogue wrote a feature article on her — and she’s on her way to becoming a brand. Will we see her “chic” line for Wal-Mart by next year? Probably. Please say it won’t be so, but you know it will and that’s why I hate her.
Final Word: Who’s gonna be next on the pseudo-celeb brand wagon… Ken Paves? Lil’ Sis Lohan? I’m deeply disturbed.