Friday, June 02, 2006

Reasons I hate Rachel Zoe…




1. Because you know exactly who I’m talking about without having to Google her name. For those of you who are living under a rock, have never read a tabloid, and never watch Access Hollywood or Extra she’s the stylist to the starlets and counts Richie, Lohan, and Barton amongst her most loyal clientele. But you knew that, and that’s why I hate her.

2. Because she’s designing an accessories line for Judith Leiber. She can design? I thought she just knew how to pull together a signature look and then replicate on all her clients. But watch out, because sadly Judith Leiber will probably rise to It bag status in no time flat, just when we thought her bejeweled monkey clutches were only cool for our grandmothers, and that’s why I hate her.

3. Because her sudden rise to, gasp, fame has left her no choice but to go anorexic just like the little dolls she dresses. This one’s a toss up — I’m not sure if I hate her because she’s trying to become just like the very beings she’s created or the fact that I’ve even noticed her borderline danger zone weight loss at all. Eh, I don’t know… both are reasons I hate her.

4. Because she walked the red carpet during last week’s Cannes Film Festival in a borrowed Chanel gown and Chanel email blasted to all the press as a “best dressed at the awards wrap-up” along with more notable and respectable actresses like Penelope Cruz. Who does she think she is, and more importantly who the heck does everyone else think she is? Sooo one of the major reasons that I hate her.

5. Because, mark my words, this is only the beginning for Rachel Zoe. Today’s tabloid stylist in our pathetic anyone-can-be-a-celebrity-world will be tomorrow’s fashion icon. She is virtually a household name — Vogue wrote a feature article on her — and she’s on her way to becoming a brand. Will we see her “chic” line for Wal-Mart by next year? Probably. Please say it won’t be so, but you know it will and that’s why I hate her.


Final Word: Who’s gonna be next on the pseudo-celeb brand wagon… Ken Paves? Lil’ Sis Lohan? I’m deeply disturbed.

18 comments:

N-bizzle said...

Could not agree more. I just threw up in my mouth looking at that picture.

One thing about Judith Leiber...just went to a tres chic wedding in paris with fashionistas from the middle east/nyc/la, you name it and they were ALL carrying bejeweled bowling balls, frogs, and your average clutch. I have to say, they looked so amazing w/ the outfits, I was really jealous i didnt have one! (a far cry from the Sex & City episode, i know).

Maybe it was just a "when in rome" moment, but I'm still thinking I may want to raid my mom's closet for one....

.,.then again this is old school leiber, not puke in my mouth faux stylist version for judith lebier.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

i hate her too - i cant look at a picture of her without looking at her GROSS wrinkles - its like unvelievable, i've never seen anything like it except for on like a grandma who is 80......she needs botox but it will be SO obvious when she gets it - haha - keep writing about her cuz i love to hate her!

Anonymous said...

You guys are really passionate about someone you don't even know. How miserable... Stop hating.

Anonymous said...

I don't like her attitude !!!She's mean and condescending to everyone she meets!!! I can't decide if she looks like a chipmunk storing nuts for the winter or a bulldog with big jowls!! Either way her plastic surgeon messed up big time!! I could maybe stomache her if she was nice ,but she's not . Just a big stuck up bitch that has the money to make herself some what presentable. And her boyfriend, He's gay and like 15 years younger than her!!! So obvious, She could go to jail!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD--I DIE--I DIE. Rachel Zoe, more like Rachel Zombie, a total caricature of a so-called fashion stylist, like a character on Saturday Night Live I can't stop watching this plane wreck. She's a total mess with her loser boyfriend "the sponge". Does he have a job besides being Rachels zombie twin. Rachel is a total valley girl-martian, a personal shopper who thinks she's the cats pajamas, more like the cats litter box.

Tracy / San Diego said...

The people on this show have all the depth, breath and grandeur of a postage stamp. They are so insipid that the show is almost impossible to watch without grimacing.

The people on this show are why others around the world hate America.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're so original with the "I hate Rachel Zoe". It's pretty obvious that you're jealous.
Very sad.

Anonymous said...

"Wow, you're so original with the "I hate Rachel Zoe". It's pretty obvious that you're jealous.
Very sad."

--Yeah that's what anorexic people say when you make fun of them, or tell them to please keep starving themselves so they can die and we can ween the retarded people who go against basic instincts of survival out of the human race.

"your jealous" Is something a stuck up person who always gets made fun of says because that's what their mommy told them to make them feel better.

ugh, go kill yourself.

and I hate Rachel Zoe, because she turned her clients into walking skeletons, which in turn made every weak minded follower, follow along.

Or should I be thanking her, because know you can point out an idiot easier? Just look for the walking skeletons!

Or maybe I can thank her for making idiotic followers starve themselves to death in order to cleanse our society.

Hrm?

Anonymous said...

Admit I am watching this trainwreck on tv right now and had to find somewhere to voice my disgust since clearly clubbing her with something is not possible.

She looks 60, either she's lying about her age or she seriously needs to knock off the smoking and partying. And she IS condescending, ick ick ick

Anonymous said...

I strongly disagree with you. If you really think about it she keeps using the style she created because it's HERS why would she use someone elses style? And you don't exactly KNOW her as a person? I'm pretty certain that that's prejudice? So what's the point?

Anonymous said...

If you're making fun of her for looking old and making fun of the way she looks then how can you say that she's trying to make all girls look the same. that's technically what you're trying to do with her. making fun of her because she looks different.

Marcy said...

OMG, thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only person on the planet who loathed this empty-headed, self-absorbed, affected idiot. I can't stand the way she talks. SO affected. Why does she draw out every syllable? I happened upon the episode tonight where she thought she was "dying," and carried on after receiving a diagnosis of "vertigo," as if it were a terminal illness. She's a nut job, and her husband looks like he should be a member of the Monkees. Nice dork-ass haircut. I make no claims to be a fashionista, but from what I've seen Rachel and her dorkwad husband wearing, neither are they. Ugh. Thanks for your uplifting post!

Anonymous said...

she is an evil, haggard troll. she uses & abuses her staff while never hesitating to throw them under a bus for being unable to get designs from fashion insiders who clearly hate her. her husband is her merken, & she's his beard. he only wants a child (and $$) from her. he'll drop her like a hot potato when he realizes she won't be having a child. then he'll move onto another power lesbian for said progeny. they are one sticky bolt away from a train wreck.

Anonymous said...

I hate Rachel Zoe because of her moronic way of speaking, and thinking it's so cool, when in fact she is so clueless as to how pathetic it comes off to people with brains - And then to top it off has millions of bucks for it because people keep watching her materialistic mentality reality show. Good luck Rachel when CA falls into the ocean. Then your words "I die" can finally prove some substance.

Anonymous said...

vocal fry and awful fashion choices. when I see her clothes at store (usually tjmaxx since they are all rejects) I thrown them on the floor. all around hideous beast. ps she used a surrogate - lying fake pregnancy.